Thursday, October 17, 2013

Growing Together in the Lord!

This week at church Oct. 15-18, 2013, Upper Room COGIC is having our annual Shiloh conference.  Yesterday there was an awesome speaker named Maxine Kershaw.  Her message was "Delay does not mean denial".  Also this week was our very own, Patrick Wooden and his message was "Growing in the Lord", just as Samuel did.  The gist of the message was growing and drawing nearer to The Lord and not being in the same place spiritually as we were last year or even last week.

With Roger being out to work on the weekends, he barley gets any church in besides Thursdays and that will change next week with classes starting for me on those days now.  I really wish I could loan him the car for him to get to service, but for now Shawnae will have to take them or he will have to get the word from me bringing home notes, etc.  And with that being said, I had an idea in my head (few weeks ago) that Roger and I should start to study the bible together.  Not physically sitting across from each other but both assigning and reading chapters and later on discussing them and drawing a conclusion of what we've read. 

After service yesterday we all drove home sleepy because service hasn't let out well until mid-night. Yet we still spoke on the message about "Growing in the Lord" and it was such a confirmation that we needed to do this together.  I help him, he helps me!  Rog thought it was a fantastic idea.  We even have hopes of incorporating Gabrielle and Braxton somewhere down the road.  Gabrielle is getting a WONDERFUL foundation already at the Upper Room Christian Academy.  Opening class with daily devotional and prayer and even chapel on Fridays one can only imagine what she'll know down the road.  As parents and Christian parents at that we have a responsibility to make sure to instill the word in our children, especially so they don't stray.  Even when they do, because I myself was not perfect and I still have so much more to go, I always and forever will know Gods truth and who He is. 

I just know that my mom and my sister instilled it in me to always know The Lord and be in his presence EVERY time I had the chance.  It's so funny to see myself preparing for services, especially ones during the week and even on Friday nights.  Like at home in NY, bets believe preparation on Thursdays and Fridays were for parties and now I'm in the pews.  That's apart of growing as the message entailed yesterday.  Not doing the same things as I was before.  Now its time to push the bar even further, but not alone but as a family. 

Dropping Gabrielle off to school this morning, I asked her teacher how was she with her naps this week.  Her response was "ALL the Upper Room kids get their naps in, sometimes falling asleep before nap time".  TheYes sirrrrrrr.

It starts now! I'm just glad I'm in a place where I'm able to show her that this is where you stay out all night in the presence of God or in your case, just for now Gabrielle, asleep on the pews. 

Lord knows my friends and I were on some bodies train station wee hours of the morning coming back from about 4-5 parties, okay TMI!

No comments:

Post a Comment