Friday, October 11, 2013

Keep That MESS to Yourself Ladies!

Those little snide comment's I really believe should be kept to yourself.  I mean why bother giving someone a complement if you don't mean it.  Normally I would ignore them and just keep talking as if I didn't just hear with a look of disgust on their faces what was said and I for sure wouldn't write about it on my blog.  BUT after the third time in a row yesterday and a few times since being back to work I've come to a point where I have to vent.  Better to vent on the blog than loosing my job. 

So, if you haven't noticed before I was pregnant, I've always been skinny.  I remained pretty slim during my pregnancy as well and I totally understand that some people don't go back to their regular shape after pregnancy, BUT IS THAT MY FREAKING FAULT.  No one gets pregnant to remain in shape or be skinny during and after pregnancy.  YOU'RE carrying a BABY, HELLOOOO!  If you just so happened to put on a few pounds, then loose it or move it. If you can't and I can then blame it on the genes.  It's a genetic matter folks, not that I've been starving myself or tyring to get back down to my figure.  At the end of the day, if your having a baby, hopefully you're married and your husband should embrace a little more curves.  Especially since he helped create them, not just the baby.  Where is this coming from, huh readers.  Well, since being back to work the first thing out of someones mouth was:

"With her skinny self".

 Um hello to you too doll! While it would've been a simple compliment, there's always some underlying HATE going on, that quite frankly I can't help you with.

Another scenario was my sucess at breatfeeding.  I explained to the person how well it went, my over flow of milk, free breastpump, etc.  She had issues breastfeeding BOTH kids.  She said, no lie might I add:

"Arrgg I hate you.  You make me so sick"

Heffa didn't I just meet you.  You asked me!  All I'm trying to do is feed my kid what the Lord blessed me with and save money.  With all that being said, do you have any idea how much it took in preparing mentally, physically and praying  for a success at breastfeeding.  Do you know that the 3 months of supply I had stored all defrosted during a storm while we were in NY.  Do you have any idea of the thrush my son and I suffered from when my milk first came in.  Breastfriend, take a hike before I show and tell you of the sucess I HAVE at popping broads.

GIRRLLLLLLLLLLLL! Dont get me started.

Of course it may not be that serious, but lately it seems to be coming at me left and right.  Some have  nice things to say and then boom, something random comes out their mouths next.  It's like, why even say it in the first place if you dont mean it. 

Here I got another one for you!

"Man your hair is getting so long and thick.  I'm pretty sure its because of pregnancy but once the baby gets here, ALL that is going to fall out!"

Really?

So why am I writing this, well its because it happend to me about 3 times yesterday.  THREE.  When I left yesterday what sealed the deal was a comment about my outfit.

Listen, let me tell you!  I wake up and put on whatever I have available.  I don't put ANY effort into wearing a bunch of flowered, checkered or strip scubs everyday, besides making sure it's ironed.  I may throw on a peice of cosmetic jewlery and that's the extinct to getting dressed.  Forget the make-up schmake up! There comment was:

"Jocelyn you always look so cute!  Look at you with your matching colors!"  AND HERE COMES THE BIG ONE, say it with me readers!   "You make me so sick"

WHYYYYYYYY?

There is however one person, a co-worker in particular who said tons of great things.  What was said was not in regards to physical features or material things, but what I've accomplished in particular.  And she barley knows me from a whole in a wall.  But what mattered the most was her comment that

"My mom would be SO proud of me!"

No one really says that to me besides my sister and my grandmother, or people who really mean it I guess.  Sorry Dad, you're not included on this one either! Hey it is what it is right!  Right, just the Will of God and his Grace and Mercy!

 


1 comment:

  1. You did well, me on the other hand...oops, I better keep it to myself!!

    ReplyDelete