Sunday, February 3, 2013

Gabrielle's Bedroom and Reading Nook

Well, February 1st. marked the day to start my unfinished projects at home.  I had to began with Gabrielle's closet for two reasons:

1- The remaining fabric has been sitting in her closet since November 2012
2- Gabrielle can finally have her room complete and enjoy her own room before she has to share it with a sister (possibly).

It all began with this before and after picture of a closet turned closet nook on another blogspot that teaches DIY projects.  I'm all for decorating and Gabrielle also had a closet with a ledge to sit on. 

Well that's all I needed was a picture for inspiration and the nearest fabric store.  My fist time there was awesome, I spent hours and of course 2-3 trips before I could finalize a patern.  I wanted it totally seperate from the brown and pink theme, a seperate entity.  First I got the fabric, then foam for the seating, paint and a few hours alone.  Her curtains were the project this weekend and now it's complete. There are book shelves on the sides of the walls with her favorit books.

After

Before

Gabrielle's Room
Reading Nook/Club House

No comments:

Post a Comment