Thursday, April 18, 2013

Getting Geared Up For Maternity Leave PT 1

I've finally come to a place "mentally that is" as school is dwindling down for this semester, baby shower is over and done with and we have enough stuff on deck for Braxton, that I can actually think about my plans for this summer with not only myself, but with Gabrielle, my home, Braxton and Roger.  With only 11 weeks to go, FMLA papers signed and ready to be submitted, I'm really going to be at home for the entire summer.  Questions have been running through my head, some concerns are really mind boggling but either way I finally have a chance to sit down and envision what I'd like to see happen and what I plan to take from this new experience that my family and I are getting ready to embark on. 

Just sitting here thinking about this whole thing is really humbling me because I've been rewarded with such a rewarding responsibility that I want to handle it appropriately, delicately and with ease.  I know for sure that I will only be able to handle it with the help of God, so every moment I get whether washing dishes, chilling with Gabrielle with her eyes fixed on TV or even at work, I'm praying and meditating on being able to do this.  Knowing that my strength comes from the Lord, It should be pretty cool for me.  When I say me, I really mean Roger and I because I couldn't do this without him as I know for sure that it is team work.

Speaking of which, he will home for the first 3 weeks with us, which will be amazing.  We both were pretty sad when he went back to work during my leave with Gabrielle.  I cried like it was nobodies business and couldn't wait for my baby to get home every day.  Around that time, I also started working at Rex when Gabi was 8 weeks so we're gonna add 4 more weeks to that and have a blast this summer.  Now, to this list of things that I would like to see happen of course when Roger goes back to work is for a routine to at least look like it will develop.



1 comment:

  1. you really need to write a book... you have such a creative thought process..... God Bless you

    ReplyDelete