Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Starting from Scratch

Well with the weekend, the shower and the gender finally revealed and over, it's time to get things started.  With just under 13 weeks to go,  we have so much to do in so little time.  It felt like eternity to get out and shop and when I finally got the chance last night, I was like" wait a minute, I'm starting from scratch".  Onsies, bibs, burp clothes, toys, pacifiers, bottles, clothes, socks you name it, we need it.  We have 6 bags of clothes that we still kept from Gabrielle and we can use NONE of it.  I guess all I can say about that one is "I got my boy".  My shower was great, we will be able to get a number of things with our monetary gifts.  This weekend, Gabrielle will be with her aunt and Roger and I will shop for Mr. Braxton and have some time to ourselves which is much needed. 

We're also trying to figure out where this queen sized be of ours in the guest room will go when we put up the crib.  We're not tossing it because Braxton will use this bed once he's out of the crib.  Changing table needs to be put together in Gabrielle's room, crib, arange the closet since they will share the one in the guest room, put together stroller, etc.  Lots of things to do.  School is over for me this month also, what a relief.  With the weather changing Gabrielle refuses to enter the hosue once we're home from work.  She wants to walk the neighborhood or go to the park.  I'm going to let her run the show and spend as much time with just us three as I can. She knows a little one is coming and that the baby is in mommy's stomach, but I really believe it will be more of an adjustment when the baby actually gets here................

No comments:

Post a Comment