Friday, June 7, 2013

3 Weeks Left!

I guess if 3 weeks is what it takes for Braxton to cook a little longer, than what can I say!  3 Weeks just seems so far away, especially when time just seems to slow down when you get to the VERY end.  Slow has been good for us though considering we're able to spend more quality time together with just the three of us.  More movies, more sleep (for now) more functionality around the house and we're just cooling out.  It's a real chill atmosphere at the house now that I think about it..............maybe it's the quite before the storm; well not maybe, it is for sure!

Now, I figured from here on out I will just post STATS and of course stay tuned for birthing story!  But don't hold your breath because Braxton seems to be content, low, but content!

Excitement during week 35!  So far for me, the only exciting thing was finally purchasing a place for Braxton to sit and chill while we're at home.  I realized that I gave all three of my bouncer chairs away before I got pregnant, leaving Braxton out to dry.  Target has a really cute high bouncer called the Snuga Monkey Rock and Sleep bouncer for 74.99.  I was able to get it immediately once it went down in price to 59.00.  Me and the gang we're drooling over the display at Target and within minutes, we had two moms walk up to use to tell us that it was the best thing on EARTH.  (Picture to follow tonight)  It's able to fold and it's extremely light.  Apparently, it's best when I want to shower and have him in the bathroom with me or anywhere else close in proximity. 

Movements:  If Braxton is ANYTHING like he is inside the womb, outside the womb, I'm doomed.  Granted, thank goodness for an active baby, toddler, etc, but geesh..............can you say broken ribs.  I feel so sore after he moves, Roger thinks I'm having contractions.  "Babe are you having a contraction", "No Rog, he just MOVED his elbow or foot between one of my ribs".

Progress and Task List:   Braxton and Gabrielle are set and on the list over at Rex Daycare.  Maternity papers are signed and delivered.  12 Weeks are on my department schedule, due to begin July 7, good ridens or luck if it's before!

I've also went along with ordering the Medela Advance Double Breast Pumping system this morning in less then 10 minutes through the vendor my insurance company provided. I sure hope breastfeeding is just as easy.

I've organized the breastpumping storage area in my kitchen cabinets and came across the one thing that I didn't give away.............clearly for sanitary reasons.  Somewhere hidden in a  randomly used cabinet sat a manuel Madela hand pump, 1 box of unused, still sealed 50 count breast milk storage bags and 6 6oz Madela bottles, with lids and nipples as well as a bunch of other Madela junk was found.  Talk about a hidden treasure.  It only brought back memories of when I used it at the brink of a mental melt down with breastfeeding Gabrielle.  I literally just used this thing for a good day or two and shoved it in this cabinet to NEVER be seen or heard from again. Now they're sanitized, glistening and are ready to be used when I don't feel like using the new pump.  I must admit that having these items as well as other breastfeeding supplies awaiting me allows me to feel prepared.  I've also taken the liberty to get two night time nursing bras from Macys.  It was buy one get one 50% off.










1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! You get the Medela pump! Go, Jocelyn! Loving all the prep.

    ReplyDelete