Monday, June 24, 2013

38 WEEKS! Yikes


So to say that I'm ready is an understatement! Last Thursday at my appointment, not many changes had taken place, still 1 centimeter.  BUT after that visit, I felt violated; Dr. Carter really did a number on me. I say that because things have been crazy down there.  The other docs suggest that she may have given me a vigorous check (little scrap scrap with her fingers) to get things rolling which I truely believe.  All day Friday I've been bleeding and loosing bits and pieces of my musus plug (TMI).  Then while in church on Sunday (yesterday), went to the restroom and I lost ALOT!  I knew for sure that I'd go in that night, but NOTHING.  Needless to say I went into church to listen to the choir sang "He Brought Me" by Dorina Clark Cole and joined the rest of the sanctuary and  did a little two step, at this point it's safe right! 

Friday after getting off pretty early from , I decided to get a heads up on the post partum food shopping.  That is after I sat down and had a little me time for lunch at O'Charleys.   After a caesar salad, chicken alfredo pasta, tons of bread and butter and endless amounts of shirley temple, my table looked as if I had a party for 5 and it was just me.  My waitress asked "more soda, more bread".  I looked at her as if to say duuhhhh.  Anywho, BJ's was my next stop and walking was a complete disater, let alone pushing a cart full of food.  I stocked up on so much food, Gabrielle and I shouldn't want for anything this summer. I got her 200 ices, no joke!  It's so many that I can freeze them all, so Roger put them in the frige and we'll just freeze as we go. 
200 Ices
I keep reading over and over again that food is an essential part of breastfeeding.  So we should be good in that area.
9 Months 38 Weeks
My contractions has been heating up since last night, so I think I may be going in for sure soon.  I just have all the signs leading up to it. 

Nesting
Energy
Lost of mucus plug ( as the cervix opens, it allows for this to pass through, think of it like a cork in a wine bottle)
Baby burrowing his head
Baby has dropped
Easier to breath!

We shall see!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment