Saturday, July 20, 2013

Granny D!


My precious grandma Dora came down to visit us for the week! One of Brooklyn's finest travel over 10 hours via train. Insane right, I know........ Poor granny D doesn't like plans! She'd quit capable of keeping herself entertained..... Prayer first and foremost, cross word puzzles and writing letters. Grandma Dora is 84 and is the most healthiest senior citizen around. She's so sweet! You can always find her prayer for everywhere and for everyone. He even sends prayer hands in the mail if she wants to prayer for you( an outline of her actual hand) It was such a blessing to see her pray and thank God or Braxton each time she held him! 
Two women whom I admire  the most would be my sister and granny D. My grandmother is such an amazing, thoughtful, spiritual, and faithful women whose NEVER worn a skirt a day in her life, no ear piercing and all that jazz. She picked cotton for a living back in South Carolina where she was born! Once she moved her and her 4 children (3 of which she has outlived, one being my mommy) to BK, she became a teacher for the board of EDU and taught 1 st grade and Kindergarten for over 20 years! Granny is just so faithful to God and her family. With 12 grands and 23 great grandchildren, she's everyone's rock for sure! 

And did I mention that she's ready! Ready to meet the Lord that is. Of course everyone wants to see Jesus and we know our time on earth is only temporary! But how many people can say that they're ready! Ready in the sense of living your life the way God intended for you to live it. I still have a lot of work to do myself and only hope to be as ready as Granny D! 

Braxton was very calm with his GG and Gabrielle loved playing with her ad if she was in her 20 s


1 comment: