Sunday, July 21, 2013

Roger is going back on the Clock!

Well what do you know, two weeks has gone by and Roger is heading back to work tomorrow! Ohhhh nooooo! I hated this time around when Gabrielle was born and Roger was headed back to work and things are still the same this time around. He's been my rock since the moment labor started, to the last nap he just has me take a few hours ago. 

These two weeks I've realized a few things. For one, I'm much more comfortable with a newborn the second time around.  Your instincts are correct, you know feeding and sleeping cues and even Roger is more confident this time around.  I also realized how much difference there is in an newborn and a toddler. I really thought Braxton was going to be the hard one. No mam, Gabrielle has him BEAT!  All he does is eat, sleep and poop and occasionally stays up long enough to stare at you. Gabrielle is officially my Tazmainian Child! 

Tomorrow I'm trying to break out the educational material for her. Her two weeks of vacation, no order, bedtime whenever and free for all is OVER. I do however plan to take it easy this week. Still lounge around, not worry about cleaning and just go with the flow of things until I see what a full week with just us three feels like. 

So far I've started to pump on one breast at 7 A.M, around 10ish and again at lunch. It's going good so far, that is when Rogers around. He's normally keeping an eye out for the both of them so we will see how I can get in a few sessions. I jav yet to began on the other boob. I just want to make sure it's completely healed and ready to be stored. So far I've stored about 20 ounces of milk from one boob. I get a total of 4 ounces in under 10 minutes. I've read that I need to pump for longer but it's just the beginning for me.  Sort of a trial and error. Besides my bags are only 5 ounce bags and they recommend pumping 3-4 in each bag so you won't waste any milk when thawing, etc. it's only been 4 days of pumping for me and so far so good. Here's to an we week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment