Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It does get better!


So after getting Braxton Monday night, he and I both was well rested and we couldn't sleep.  We just stared each other down and got comfortable down stairs in front of the TV. I grabbed another bite to eat and watched some recorded shows until he feel asleep again.  While putting him down to lay on the bed, I kept hearing in my mind and heart to pray; and so I did.  On my knees, praying and praying and at the same time trying to tell Gabrielle to go back sleep. By this time, it was around 2:30 a.m.  Once I was done, she asked to come to bed with me and Braxton and I couldn't have wanted anything more. I was sandwiched by both my kids. 

Tuesday and Wednesday were so much better for me.  I felt like I had more control of the situation and all was well. I managed to do a couple of loads of laundry. By the way, it's pretty redic how much we've been doing lately. If we happen to not fold a load, then we have mountains waiting to be folded. Another thing is the amount of GARBAGE we accumulate in a day or so. Roger is at the dumpster almost every day. 

About time Wednesday rolled around, I was however going stir crazy and needed an exit immediately, even Gabrielle deserved one.  I couldn't wait for Roger to come back home so we could make a mad dash out to Target for some fresh air, goodness gracious! We were both waiting patiently at the door, bye bye, see ya.  Everything I do or go has to be in a hurry before the man wakes up. Until he gets bottles my life will consist of one or two hour intervals of fun, unless he's with me. 

Anywho, The Lord really stepped in and gave me a better outlook! Even though I didn't suffer at all with postpartum depression with my last pregnancy, it was still something I prayed for God to work on way before I had the baby, along with a healthy pregnancy and delivery. I've seen so many women at the practice suffer from this and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hormonal wise I was different this time around for sure.  I cried at the weirdest things and some logical things. Before having the baby I would laugh at the mere thought of failing as a parent, or not being able to take care of two children. In my eyes, im indeed super women. You just want the best for them always and when the devil/hormonal imbalance takes over you don't know what to think. But it did get better and we finished our week off solid and even managed to get out before the sun hit for a walk!  By the way this dud LOVES his car seat! 





No comments:

Post a Comment