Friday, July 5, 2013

Labor Story

I'm so not pregnant anymore as I type this post, oh yeah baby! My forth of July, a holiday now turned into holiday/ birthday was a remarkable, quick turn of events/blessing. I'm sitting here from a three hour nap while Roger lays out on the rollaway bed still asleep from a good 7 hours maybe. That's awesome because my nurse has been by my side and Braxton has been such a joy that we had it under control. So before he awakes and Braxton comes for his next feeding or visitors start to come I want to share my story of forth of July! Very long story might I add.  One things for sure, I had no clue that it would really turn out this way considering I woke up with NO contractions what so ever. That meant more business for Roger to handle at 6:30 in the morning. Excuse the details but its my story and I'll tell if I want to, lol. I really was on a mission to have my baby. My other big baby woke up not to long after so we decided to  take a walk since it was cool out. Ducking and dodging frogs the whole walk due to the rain, Gabrielle sure felt like she was at an aquarium with all the moistness and frogs  owning the sidewalks. It was too much for me so we loaded ourselves into the car while Roger went back to sleep ( business handled). Were to for Gabrielle and I, who knew. A few minutes later we sat at Dunkin doughnuts with bagels, croissants and a strawberry doughnut.  We talked and had lots of one end conversations. Next ended up at Target, Ross, Marshall's and every other store that had air running. This was by far better than walking  in the hot sun as things were already heating up quick at 10 in the morning. Each store, more contractions but nothing strong, which left me felling like it wasn't it as each minute passed. I adamantly made it to my sisters because us had no where else to go, or to turn too and just decided to keep the forth of July spirit up and not give up. My support group took another long haul with me around the subdivision. 12 rolled around and I once again I lleft  another area, not in labor towards home. Roger comforting me once we got there to let me know that it was gonna be okay.  I on the other hand thought differently. I was supposed to be doubled over, with my neck spinning in pain saying those magical words that its time. No not at all. Everyone kept calling and texting baby yet, no baby, where's the baby, OMG. My frustration soon ended when
Dr. Flanagan called around 1 to ask if i felt any contractions what so ever and I told her yes just not consistent. " oh, well how about you come on in and I will check ya", at that moment I had a bigger smile than Gabrielle at a candy store, " sure thing Dr. Flanagan I will be right over". Next thing I knew my husband and I boated for showers, waking Gabrielle up from her nap ( which we paid for later, or at least my sister did) grabbed our bags, car seat, snacks etc. Walking out the door as three to come back as four. Once I got into the hospital, I expected to be taken to triage, but I was going straight iinto a room, oh yeah baby! I was checked and I had dilated 1 more. I was now 4 centimeters and was to think wow, my tolerance level has really increased. Child I ain't seen nothing about no tolerance level yet.  After walking around for a few, my water was broken and did stuff hit the freaking fan. I mean, the contractions came on like wamb, bam, left kick, upper cut, if this is what you want you got it! What the world! I actually said to myself, what was I in a rush for. I felt crazy for making this decision. I mean I was sick, I mean I had to be if I thought that the ones I was feeling at home was some dang on contractions, i aint seen nothin yet. I was taking off the fluids to do more walking but after a few more contractions in between getting up from the bed and going to the restroom that idea of walking around became like the walk to the execution chair. I wasn't going no where at this point, I really had plans to labor for a while longer at least to six centimeters but there I was daydreaming again. At that next contraction, and the looks of Rogers arms from me squeezing them, "  um nurse, epidural please"! Dr. Flanagan walked in and right back out and said" guess I will come back when you're more comfortable.......... Boob time part 2 later my babyyyyy is backkkkkk

1 comment:

  1. Is this picture before or after the epidural? You look like "if you say another word..!" hehehe

    ReplyDelete