Friday, July 12, 2013

Labor Story Part 2

Lets get back into it! First before I move on, please be advised that my last post was from my iphone and me and a keypad writing for that long don't mix. Don't worry I wasn't drugged up or anything with all those typos. Anywho, Dr. Flanagan walked back out until I received my epidural. I thought that was gonna be a while but he actually came In 10 minutes later. He walked in on a ten with his enthusiasm and wanting to introduce himself, which was awesome I'm normally the same way. But not during a contraction. "Um sir,..........I can't.........not right now...........please.......please hurry up. 

Those periods where the amount of breaths I had to take as instructed by my nurse who was right in front of me ready to assist with the epidural. She did the talking and introducing for me until I could get a grip. I'm thinking okay as soon as he gets it in, I'm a free women! No, no way! Did he just say it will take a few more contractions before it kicks in. I wanted to say if I feel one more contraction I'm gonna kick somebodies butt. To say that a few more contractions that I felt was an understatement. I felt tons more that I had to get extra stuff through my I.V. Which was the same with Gabrielle!

 Once that kicked in I was checked again and what do you know, 7 centimeters and 3 more to go, or at least I thought! The babies heart rate started to decrease dramatically and I had to start pushing at 9! He clearly knew this was not supposed to take place at 9 either. So he had THEM wait. When I say them, I mean the 9 people that swormed into my room getting prepared for an emergency. The team was there just in case things went left. 

To say that I wasn't scared would be wrong. I mean it went to a extra high level of energy, sense of urgency and just another day for those who were used to it. Dr. Flanagan assured me that everything was okay that the team was just there to take a look at the baby, if we don't need them they won't intervene. I looked over at Roger for more reassurance and it worked, I put my faith in God.  

But like I said Braxton wasn't going antwhere so after 10 minutes of waiting and the heart rate going back up they exited leaving us back to the normal scheme of things. I had to turn to my side and labor him down with one leg up. With each contraction I wasn't able to push, just let gravity do its thing. And it did, not to 10 centimeters but he did descend a little more. But once again the heart rate decreased and team Braxton was back again. At this point dr. Flanagan and I were both like forget this man lets do it. Vacuum and episiotomy,  I pushed my baby out and I saw them drift him away to the team into the warming bed. 

Ahhhhh, check check, apgar good they shouted, 7 pounds 5 ounces some one else shouted. All the while  being sowed up nicely (a virg again as one of my patients said).  I was getting antsy I saw roger snapping away. He saw it in my eyes that I wanted to see my baby already! So he walked over to show me a pic and I say oh no, I don't wanna see a pic I want to see him. And as soon as I said that, there he was in my arms....................


No comments:

Post a Comment