Friday, July 19, 2013

Week Two

Round two Braxton Boy!

Message to Time: "Time" I'm really gonna to need you to slow down. Not only will I be back to work sooner, but Braxton will get bigger by the minute!

Is all my work in vain? We just left Braxton's two week appointment and I was rather excited to see if he'd continued to gain weight. His birth weight was 7.5, first office visit at 7 and then he gained back 7 ounces more ounces at next weight check. Okay that's great, my boy is gaining weight an it's all from me. No formula, (though I'm not opposed) but when your working at something so hard and it's  going good, you WILL feel some type of way if the docs told you to supplement! 

Well I thought I was gonna here those exact words after reading the scale at 7.4!  What, below his birth weight. I returned from the scale back to the room to wait for the doctor. Sweating bullets, I got myself into a panic and felt disappointed! What was I doing wrong, how could this be!  I'd explained to him our feeding routine

- every 2/3 hours
- latching on in between feedings for just soothing purposes
- I can now visually see how much my left breast is making 3/4 ounces 
- tons of poop and at diapers!

And as a good doctor, as he was, said well your story sounds good, that's just so weird! I kept reassuring him how good out feedings were together and he was shocked and kept telling me man that's sounds great. Then he wanted to weigh him again. This can't be right he said, on to the scale. 

7 pounds 13 ounces, his face turned red and said well that's a big difference in the  direction of his nurse! Wheeww! Now that's more like it. It was such a relief and I really appreciated and reiterated how much I was thankful for him listening to my story for cues of what a successful breast story should sound like. 

Man I would've been pretty bummed to have him lose that much weight. My boy is doing okay though so off to the next week!  Gabrielle is who I have to deal with next because she's just going down hill with her behavior. That's a whole other topic! 


No comments:

Post a Comment