Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Feb-July 2013 To Do List

So, Friday is when it will all begin.  February 1st 2013 I'm getting my life together (in my home that is). 

With baby number two quickly coming sooner than later, Roger and I want to get started on some unfinished buisness around the house.  I want to participate as much as possible, so I'm going to be proactive and start before I get a little lazy around the edges.  First off, I have a confession to make.  I'm the biggest contributor to the problem.  I once thought the problem was resolved when Roger and I got our own bathrooms.  I had no reason to pick up clothes that's been lying on the floor all week, or to move my shampoo of the basent or to gather the loads of nail polish that crowded my tooth brush.  Roger has his bathroom on the second floor and I have mine on the third.  Gabrielle simply gets in where she fits in.  Her things are in a little bit of both places, then the kitchen, oh and the hallways and I cant forget the stairs.  Oh let's not talk about the stairs please. Well with that being said, I really need to get some order in places besides the bathroom.  Everything looks okay, but the higher you go  in my home you start to see where I loose control of our space.  I know complete control is impossible, but I have to start somewhere and while I'm at it, get started for the arrival of the new kid on the block. 

Some reasons why I want to STAY with a clean house!
  1. To make a good example for Gabrielle.  Oh, yes she pays attention.  If my shoes are by the door that's where she will put hers.  If my shoes are where they're supposed to be (the closet) then she will be hers where it's supposed to be.
  2. Have more time together as opposed to Roger handling the first and second floor, while I hanlde the third floor and gather laundry.
  3. I'd rather us have a warm inviting feeling of entering our home before company does.  I hate to come home and let out a VERY long sigh that ends with "I have to clean this mess up".
  4. Having a clean home makes me so much more grateful than a dirty home.  I love walking through the house when its clean, candles are lit on each floor.  It's simply called order, peace and tranquility.  I feel like I can do so much more in a clean environment. 
Some reasons why we cant stay on top of things are:
  1. Me
  2. Gabrielle drops it were ever there's space and so do I
  3. I hate to walk up three flights of stairs just to take of my clothes, jewelery, hair supplies etc.  Why not just put it on the stairs and walk past it 4-5 times before I bring it up
Now don't get me wrong, there is one VERY clean person in the house............shhhh I dont want to blow his head up.  And he tries so very hard to clean up after me.  In fact that's all he does and it spoils me to pieces, I'm rotten to the core.  I wont have this anymore, lol.   I'm going to tackle this list starting Friday Feb 1st.  That is after I pick up roll dog Shaniece for a little R&R weekend.  Give her some food, movie, peace and quite from her siblings and the guestroom and she's in all the way.  To bad the boys are coming!

  1. Complete Gabrielle's closet w/curtains for closet nook
  2. Start on painting master bedroom and ordering TV stand and chairs
  3. Keep and create a new snack closet for Gabrielle.  Bottles an formula will soon take over hers.  And for our sake it cannot be eye level with the girl or it's on like donkey kong.
  4. Reorganize guestroom closet for new baby AND Gabrielle's belongings
  5. Get masterbedroom closet under control (goodness gracious) I meant myside of the closet
  6. Post baby shower, either gather and give away Gabrielle's old clothing or gather, wash and store Gabrielle's clothing for a sister
  7. Post baby shower maybe mid June put up crib, changing table and wash rocking chair cushsions
  8. Coat and sneaker closet under control.  Gabrielle is in the running with 7 pairs of  Jordans, 3winter boots, church shoes, slippers, EVEN water shoes.  And half she hasn't even wore yet, thanks Uncle Tucky.
  9. For goodness sake clean and clear out my kitchen cabinet draws.
Granite, these things probably occur once in a blue moon, but it just never stays that way.  Today, no not today, I want to go home and relax since there's no class tonight.  Friday, Feb. 1st I make a vow to Roger, myself, Gabrielle and the company who will have the ability to stop by without a time frame for which I can tiddy up a bit that I will keep our home a happy clean place.  My motto for this 6 month trial period is 'Do it before later, don't walk past it, pick it up, walk a couple of feet to put it in it's perspective place, and if I take it out, to put it back'.  






No comments:

Post a Comment